You just filed a claim with an insurance company after being in an unfortunate accident. Now you must be prepared to negotiate a settlement with a claims adjuster. This is all part of the process. What happens when you have no idea what the process is? Don’t worry. The professionals at Mutual Claims Services will make this difficult process easier. Let’s get you the insurance settlement you deserve. Trust our public adjuster Miami.
The Choice is Yours
As said above, negotiating a settlement is all part of the personal claims process. This usually begins the second you report your injury to the insurance company and file a claim. You can either chose to accept the insurance company’s offer or decline it. If you decide to accept the settlement, the personal injury claims process will end. However, if you chose the alternative and reject the offer, the process gets a little more intense. Don’t worry. We are here for you every step of the way.
The Process of an Insurance Settlement
You got into a car accident. It was not your fault. You got injured. You reported the injury and initiated a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. You rejected the offer the insurance company made to you. Now it is time to negotiate. Think of negotiation as part of the personal injury claim process. Each step is leaning toward the highest possible settlement. The claims adjuster will constantly be trying to diminish your claim in an effort to pay you as little as possible. For this reason, you need representation. The more familiar you are with the personal injury claim process, the better prepared you will be when it comes to negotiating the settlement. The goal is to get the most money for your injuries and other losses.
Steps of the Negotiation Process
- You file a personal injury claim with the insurance company.
- You receive a reservation of rights letter from the insurance company.
- You send a demand letter to the insurance company.
- The claims adjuster will respond to your demand letter.
- You reject the claims adjuster’s initial offer and make a counteroffer.
- You and the claims adjuster continue to negotiate.
- You accept or reject the final settlement offer.
- Always be prepared.
- You should be as prepared for the personal injury claim process as possible. Familiarize yourself with the steps involved in negotiating a settlement, and gather as much credible evidence of your injuries and other losses as possible. Being prepared will help you remain confident, calm, and collected throughout the settlement negotiation process.
- Stay patient.
- Do not jump at the first settlement offer that comes your way. You must stay patient throughout the entire settlement negotiation process. Impatient personal injury claimants often settle their claims for much less than they are worth. Securing the maximum possible settlement is worth the wait.
- Be persistent.
- Do not allow settlement negotiations to come to a standstill. You must be persistent in moving your claim forward. While you should never rush the settlement process, be sure to respond to requests from the claims adjuster as quickly as possible. Be diligent about following up with the claims adjuster if necessary.
Call Us Today
We are here for you when it comes to negotiating for an insurance settlement. You can count on our experts to get you the settlement you deserve. We are known for being the best public adjuster Miami. Mutual Claims Services is here for you. Call or visit us today for more information.