If you’ve ever filed an insurance claim or are currently in the process of filing a claim, you know how complicated and often difficult the process can be. This is why it’s so important to inform yourself regarding exactly what you can do in order to receive the best settlement and be compensated like you deserve. If your home or business has suffered significant damage, the first thing you will want to do when it comes to the insurance claims process will be to figure out who is on your side and can help you get through the process the most smoothly. This is where you may need an insurance adjuster. If you are considering an adjuster to assist you with your property damage claim, you may be confused about the difference between a public adjuster and an independent adjuster. While the namesakes may be confusing, the professional roles that these two types of adjusters play in the claims process are quite different. Read on to learn more about the difference between the two and how they can help your claim. Mutual Claims Services is a top public adjuster Miami residents trust. Call us today for assistance with your insurance claim!


Independent Adjusters


The name “independent adjuster” can be quite misleading for civilians outside the insurance industry.  Independent adjusters function as anything but independent in the scheme of your claim, as they work under contract for an insurance company. The job of an independent adjuster is to look out for the rights of the insurance carrier you are trying to get a fair settlement from, and they represent the insurance company they are contracted to. An individual insurance policyholder cannot contract an independent adjuster to work on their behalf, as the overall stated goal of independent adjusters is to promote the general welfare of the insurance industry, not for individuals. Insurance companies pay these adjusters to adjust the claim in their favor. Independent adjusters hold licenses that only allow them to work for insurers, and the license is not valid to work for an insured. Insurance firms keep in-house staff adjusters and/or contract with independent adjuster in order to investigate and handle certain claims.


We are A Top Public Adjuster Miami Residents Trust


On the other side of the equation, public adjusters are licensed to work for only policyholders. 44 states and the District of Columbia currently have a statutory and/or regulatory setup for licensing public adjusters. This type of adjuster works only for policyholders and are not affiliated for insurance companies or also work for insurance companies. Public adjusters can be hired  by claimants to document, expedite, and file their claim, as well as to assist them throughout the complicated claims process. You hire a public adjuster to help make sure that the initial appraisal of residential or commercial property by the insurance property is accurate for the damage sustained for your property damage claim.


Contact Us Today


When it comes to your property damage claim, Mutual Claims Services is a public adjuster Miami residents rely on. Call us today to get the compensation you deserve!